Thursday, February 09, 2006

Getting down to Service...


It's been a somewhat frustrating week, but I suppose those frustrations are meant to show us what important things are missing from our lives. This week I feel like an organization trying to implement beneficial projects. "But that is your whole job," you say? Yes, but I can't help but feel like the greatest, most meaningful moments occur as I myself reach out in compassion to embrace someone who is struggling. It's not some big, well-oiled machine that distributes the most good to the most people in the shortest amount of time...rather it is a meeting of hearts. I think there should be some days when I quit "work" (i.e. administering projects from an office) early and just go around and spend time with people in need...

No comments: