Friday, July 23, 2010

The Coming of Larry

These last few weeks I have been thinking to myself... there isn't much time left. I just KNOW that, when the Lains get here, I am going to have to exercise. I know it will be good for me and I'll probably even like it, so as painful as it is we boys are trying to get ourselves ready. We don't want to be caught weak and flabby!

Of course I chuckle every time I think of it because it is so like our waiting for Jesus sometimes! I don't really want to get up and exercise today, and I'm not really up for socializing with neighbors - much less leading them to reflect on spiritual truths - but there is just no getting around the HUGE risk of not being ready when He comes. Thankfully, Larry can only torture us in this world... but I gotta say, I look forward to becoming a better man with his help. Ha, it will even be his second coming (to Mongolia)!!

No comments: